From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:owner-macgroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu] On Behalf Of Dan
Crutcher
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:13 PM
To: macgroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu
Subject: MacGroup: Cascading style sheets

Someone who works for me is trying to create a Web page that uses
"popdown" navigation menus on the page but is having trouble controlling
the font and size of type of the popdown menu items.

She knows how to create these menus correctly using HTML directly on the
page, but she is is trying to learn how to use cascading style sheet to
control most of the elements on the Web site. She would prefer to have
the elements that make up the popdown menus defined in the style sheet,
but when she tries to do that the fonts/sizes of the menu items are not
displaying properly.

Since I know very little about HTML programming and nothing about style
sheets, I may not have described the problem very precisely or in
sufficient detail, but if someone out there knows how to do this sort of
programming and could give us some advice, I would be most appreciative.

You can reply off list to dcrutcher at loumag.com.

Thanks.

Dan Crutcher