Jerry, you forever don't cease to amaze me. Due to your suggestions (
although i had no troubles at all ) I did peek into that black hole of
terminal , also summoned those contents od the addressbook by clicking
while holding the control key - well - a new Hades with scribbles of
terminal charcters appeared from everywhere. Almost need magnifying
glasses to read, although understanding is nil, ( couldn't they at
least use a diffeent font system?) - but if you keep it up directing
people into the underworld, it might just some day eliminate my fear of
coming out of it again intact , body, sould and computer. Anyhow, my
addressbook was still intact after the excursion - and before I really
let this latest  sudo-prebinding -root/ -force  run , I need to know
how much time  I might be wasting - how many cups of coffee might be
required to sit and watch? And how can installers be so arbitrary or
hard headed to rerun something on their own , rather than the
administrator's terms?
Marta