This might help:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/macosx-list/2002q4/000168.html

from the message:

.... (lines cut out) ....

The driver you want to use is the "Epson 24-Pin Series" which is
located under "ESP"
To change the resolution just click on the "Copies & Pages" popup when
you print and select "Printer Features"

This driver is included with Mac OS X by default.

On Apr 21, 2005, at 5:38 PM, Jeff @ SLYN Systems wrote:

> Thanks very much Neal but she's adamant about using her 3 part carboned
> checks, which means we're stuck with a pinfed, dot matrix situation.
> Anyone else have any recommendations to hook up to the G5?
>
> Jeff Slyn, Owner
> SLYN Systems & Peripherals
> (502) 426-5469
> serving Kentuckiana clients 7 days a week since 1985!
>

> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:28:16 -0400 Neal Hammon <nohammon at earthlink.net>
> writes:
>> Jeff-
>>
>> I scrapped my dot matrix about twelve years ago, but I still have
>> the
>> first HP inkjet ever made. I paid about $850 for it, but I will let
>> it
>> go cheaper than that. Since your client seems to like antiques,
>> maybe
>> you could talk  her into one of these..
>>
>> Neal
>

>> Jeff @ SLYN Systems wrote:
>>
>>> I have a client out of town who recently purchased a G5 iMac and
>> she
>>> needs to print 3 part checks via a dot matrix printer.  She isn't
>> ready
>>> to change her checks nor her dot matrix style of printing but her
>> current
>>> Epson LQ-570 doesn't appear to have the right hardware connection.
>>> Can anyone suggest which dot matrix (current) printer she should
>> consider
>>> purchasing?
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jeff Slyn, Owner
>>> SLYN Systems & Peripherals
>>> (502) 426-5469
>>> serving Kentuckiana clients 7 days a week since 1985!
>

> | The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will
> | be April 26. The LCS Web page is <http://www.kymac.org>.
> | List posting address: <mailto:macgroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu>
> | List Web page: <http://erdos.math.louisville.edu/macgroup>

Someday, I will come up with a clever signature line. I am not sure if
I will use it or not, but I will come up with one.