Linked to the previous question (trying to get a cheap imac setup in the
kitchen), I have one of the original iMacs and am wondering if I can get
airport to work with it.

Googling, I found a page that suggests that Airport cards were only usable
from the 'Kihei architecture' onwards, which were the first iMacs that had
slot loading DVD-ROMs and all the coloured ones afterwards. ie) not my
basic cd-tray-ejecting cyan iMac.

More googling brings up suggestions to use the Belkin USB WiFi adaptor,
though it looks like I'd have to ebay for that too as Belkin's site is
very into USB 2.0. Can always hassle them I guess.

Someone else suggested buying a $10 mounting bracket.

So, anyone ever do this back in the day or have a clue how to go about
wifi'ing an original iMac?

Thanks,

Hen