Marta,
Might I suggest doing a search on the Internet for some of these questions
as there is an awesome amount of good info out there about this and it might
be a little less technical (better for you) than what my geek-speak brain
may spew out.
A basic Google search for your questions turned up:

http://www.e-learningguru.com/articles/art1_6.htm

"In 1 megabyte of space you can store about 1 million characters or
approximately 500 typed pages."

If you do just a little math, then a 700 megabyte CD can hold roughly
500x700 pages.
Schoun