Okay, so I'm making a slideshow DVD for someone using mostly iLife,
and I've just discovered how nice the "scrollball"' on the mighty
mouse is for this sort of thing.

my work flow:

organize pictures into folders in iPhoto >
drag into Still Life ( http://www.grantedsw.com/still-life/ ) for
arranging and adding motions and such (much better than iPhoto/iMovie/
iDVD Ken Burns effect..) >
export to iMovie file >
Import dv clips into iMovie

now this is the point where the mighty mouse comes in handy. it is
really easy to scroll through the timeline at the bottom using the
scroll ball.
It makes adding transitions and such SOOOO much quicker and easier.

add music from iTunes and Garageband (the mighty mouse is great for
scrolling in Garageband as well)>
export to iDVD...

now id only they would make a bluetooth version...