Usually (using OS-X) just drag the attachment to the desktop and
double click it to unzip it. Or you can use StuffIt ( you might still
have an old copy in your OS apps folder or Utilities folder). If you
know enough about Terminal to use it, start it and type:   man unzip
to get some help there.

                        Jerry

On Feb 6, 2006, at 6:27 PM, Greg Schoettmer wrote:

>      Just received an e-mail with a bunch of pictures attached.
> Unfortunately, they came from a PC and were "zipped" before they
> were sent.
> How do you "unzip" something on a Mac?
>
> Greg
>

> | The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will
> | be February 28  at Pitt Academy, 6010 Preston Highway.
> | The LCS Web page is <http://www.kymac.org>.
> | List posting address: <mailto:macgroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu>
> | List Web page: <http://erdos.math.louisville.edu/macgroup>

"I participated in a hoax on the American people, the international
community and the United Nations Security Council." -- Lawrence B.
Wilkerson, Chief of Staff, Department of State, August 2002 to
January 2005