If you can afford the luxury, go with the most GB.  It is amazing how fast
you can fill that space.  I've got a 60GB iPod video, but have yet to do any
video with it.  If you can't afford that luxury, you could always change the
iTunes prefs so that your entire music collection is stored in an external
drive so as not to take up primary hard drive, and just select certain songs
or playlists to import to the iPod.  My problem with putting all the music
on the iPod is that, even with creating smaller playlists for French
teaching songs, upbeat, slow, etc, I still have around 1400 in my favorites
playlist.  Some of my bands get very little "air time" (unless I'm sitting
there for a really long time listening!), even with shuffle option selected.

I think I like this version better than the G3 version, because it has the
one-holed headphone hole (for lack of a better word), and the other had the
two-prong hole.  What burned me was that my Griffin iTrip from the gen 3
version wouldn't work on the new iPod video because it had the two-prong
jack and wouldn't work on the latest models, so I had to buy another.  The
G3 version was fine, doing only photos & no video, which was all I really
wanted it for, but some trifling student stole it...The battery life on the
latest models is far better than it is on older models...

Ciao for now!
Cathy GREEN ;-)

Atherton HS French
3000 Dundee Rd