Hey, thanks Rob and B.K. - Thanks for the input.   I have been having
fun with the Sound Studio.  Ward at Mactown, when I was up there and
told him I wanted to record my voice for posterity, downloaded it and I
have been reciting poetry al over the place, sending it to most of my
German friends, I still have a few tryouts before I have to make up my
mind. I do like it, though. I also  did read all!!?? about Audacity -
where do you put the stress? Are they audacious to do this software or
is it an auda- City (  maybe audible city - wonder who came up with
this idea) - Yes, there were bugs that  crashed the Mac and there are
still some with some plug-ins I read,. And there is a lot to learn
about all these plug-ins, but what is good, they tell you an enormous
amount of stuff, what the software does, can do, cannot do. I
downloaded it and just took a peak, but am too far gone mentally at
this time of day to look at all the buttons.  They are swimming before
my glassy vision.
Thanks, Rob for tellng me I don't need a CD. And two tracks should be
enough for my purpose. I don't think I shall ever have a garage band in
my house, unless some of you musicians will come over and we will
record "The Bridge over troubled Waters" with me supplying the aged (
tremulous which I hate ) soprano as well as coffee and something more
robust.
Marta