On Jan 13, 2005, at 7:07 AM, johnstone at blackbirds.net wrote:

> I have a Tivo, it's the best thing since sliced bread....... My wife
> the
> technophobe can't think of living without it.....

My wife and two children are already addicted. When I showed my
daughter how you could skip all the commercials by just pressing a
button, she literally jumped up and down. Then she proceeded to tell it
to grab all the upcoming reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The
Simpsons and a few more of her favorites. My wife and son have also
scheduled a bunch. (I don't have anything scheduled!)

I've got two tuner cards and a 200 GB drive in the thing right now and
am already wondering about another tuner card and more drive space.

I can see that these boxes are going to kill the TV business as we know
it because none of us watch commercials any more. It's amazing how fast
an hour of West Wing goes by when you zap out all the commercials.