On Feb 13, 2004, at 4:26 PM, J. Blake asked:

> Sooooo.....does anyone know of a reliable backup software that can
> back up mounted volumes, as well as "see" my tape drive, connected to
> my present SCSI PCI card?

There are at least two you could check out. I don't know whether they
work with your SCSI card or not.

I've had good luck with BRU under Linux, and they recently came out
with a Mac port. The setup is not as user-friendly as Retrospect, but
it's got a lot more features, and is a lot more configurable.
<http://www.tolisgroup.com/>

Backup Mastery has gotten some good and some so-so reviews. I've never
used it.
<http://www.charismac.com>

You can probably download demo copies of either one.

But, there's also the fact that the SCSI driver in X.3 broke a lot of
SCSI devices. My feeling is that Apple's throwing their engineering
behind Firewire and USB2, so they're giving third parties an
opportunity to write the appropriate drivers.

I suspect you should be shopping for a new SCSI card instead of new
backup software.