Intel Macs can boot from USB.

I still prefer firewire, but they will boot from USB.


On Nov 27, 2007, at 3:46 PM, Bill Rising wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2007, at 14:21 , Glenn Hoehler wrote:
>
>> Can I use an USB external drive as a startup drive with OX10.4 or
>> 10.5 with an Intel Core 2 computer?
>> Can this be done with a firewire external drive?
>> I think this worked with firewire on a power mac.
>
> I don't know if the interface makes a difference, but I've had no  
> troubles using external Firewire drives (both 400 and 800) as  
> startup drives on both ppc and core 2 duo Macs.
>
> Bill_______________________________________________
> The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will
> be November 27 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane.
> Posting address: MacGroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu
> Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup


Reply via email to