>
> Dear friends, unfortunately none of your ingenious advice worked.  
> The CD is still stuck.Do you think taking it along to the Apple  
> store might help? Will they be able to pry the case open? Or what  
> is done in such cases? I haven't used this drove more than about  
> four to five tomes in about two years.
> Marta
>
>
>
> On Dec 2, 2007, at 23:20 PM, Jeff @ SLYN Systems wrote:
>
>> Dear Marta,
>> Does the drive, by chance, have a very small pinhole in it?  If  
>> so, you can unfold a paper clip to use it to push inside the hole  
>> and that will normally cause the drive to eject.  It doesn't/ 
>> shouldn't hurt anything to do it this.
>> If no hole, sorry!
>> Happy holidays,
>>
>> Jeff Slyn, Owner
>> SLYN Systems & Peripherals
>> (502) 426-5469
>> a new & improved http://www.SLYNsystems.com coming soon
>> serving Kentuckiana clients 7 days a week since 1985!
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
>> if the suggestions do not work. i used to keep a tongue depressor  
>> with
>> a wrap of double stick tape on the end. insert the depressor, push
>> down to stick the cd, lift up and slide the errant cd out. best...jf
>>
>> On Dec 2, 2007, at 8:30 PM, Marta Edie wrote:
>>
>>> My iBook won't release a CD I had put in and played. The disk makes
>>> a lot of noise trying to slip out, but after a while it asks me
>>> again whether I want to import it, but I don't, I just want to have
>>> it come out again. I don't use my iBook for a lot of playing, so I
>>> am no knowledgeable  about what else I might do to coax the disk  
>>> out.
>>>
>>> Marta
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will
>>> be January 22 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane.
>>> Posting address: MacGroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu
>>> Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/ 
>>> macgroup
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> The next Louisville Computer Society meeting will
>> be January 22 at MacAuthority, 128 Breckinridge Lane.
>> Posting address: MacGroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu
>> Information: http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://www.math.louisville.edu/pipermail/macgroup/attachments/20071203/cbdda92a/attachment-0001.html
 

Reply via email to