Nelson-

I have two printers, neither very new. One is a HP Photosmart 7550 in
jet, and the other a Brother laser HL 5040.

I find that almost everything I print out goes to the Brother black
and white laser printer. It is fast and trouble free. Every so often
you have to buy a toner, but it is easier to install the toner than
the HP cartridges, and if I remember correctly, cheaper because you
need three or four for the HP ink jet, and also because the laser
toner last longer.

Get some of the gurus to fill you in on the price per page.

Neal Hammon