Louisville used to be on Central time. In fact, along with a lot of
other Louisville natives on here, I was born at 7:28 CST. I'm not sure
when it changed, but that's what caused the "bulge." I would imagine
it had something to do with being on the same time as Frankfort, but
what do I know.

It caused us trouble during the summer at a theatre I used to work at
since our first show started at 7. People would come in for the show
in broad daylight and they would leave 90 minutes later in broad
daylight. Not really pleasant for a night club audience.

Speaking of Louisville in general, did you realize that Louisville is
the only city on I-65 where truck traffic is not routed around the
city?

rob