Now Ed, don't you realize some of us have lived loner than you?
Marta

On Sep 3, 2009, at 08:32 am, Ed Wiser wrote:

1770's????  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: macgroup-boun...@erdos.math.louisville.edu [mailto:macgroup-boun...@erdos.math.louisville.edu ] On Behalf Of Neal Hammon
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:50 AM
To: Topics related to Apple and Macintosh computers
Subject: Re: [MacGroup] trash emptying

Marta:

I'm happy to see that you finally got rid of your old files.

Me, I just can not seem to do it. I still have the digital text of
books I wrote in the 1990's, and articles I wrote in the 1770's. Once
in a while I even open these files and copy some of the information.
Even when I make an index for a book, I find that the built in index
offered by the "find" command is superior.

So I jest ended up getting a second hard drive for my old G5. They are
not too expensive these days.

Neal Hammon

1.Is there a way to partially empty the trash?
2. Is there a way to find all your old Apple files together and
convert them in one swoosh into  newer ones, so I don't have to go
through the converting process should i want to open a file, which
is rare, but it does happen.

Marta