I had a similar problem, trying to view some video training online. I was using Safari, and it kept saying I didn't have the right version of Quicktime, though Snow Leopard had installed QTX. I found some information online that said Snow Leopard has the ability to install QT7, as well, via it's optional installs package on the CD. So I installed QT7, which didn't work at first with Safari. Then, it occurred to me to try Firefox. Voila, success. Now I can view the video training on Firefox, and it uses QT7 to do that.

Just a thought, but perhaps QT7 would work better for you than QTX.

Jane

Rick Burnett wrote:
I'm having trouble exporting a movie to MobileMe using Quicktime X in snow leopard. Whenever I try and upload to MM, the export gets stuck at "about 5 seconds left" for hours, until I just quit the program. The same thing happened when trying to upload to YouTube via QTX, but the second try was successful.

Any suggestions?

Rick