Thanks. That is exactly what I did and it seems to work fine even with only 512 ram.

Shawn

On Sep 22, 2009, at 9:03 AM, Dan Crutcher wrote:

Shawn,

I did end up reinstalling the system (and all it's upgrades) and now it's working fine.

Dan

To whom ever gets this, I've been scouring the web trying to solve the problem as described by Dan who posted on your site a while ago. I'm have the same problem and wonder if Dan or anyone else found a solution.

Thanks
S. Todd

Dan's original post:
I have an older "lampshade" iMac that was recently upgraded to the
most recent system (presumably the latest Tiger) via Apple's Software
Update program and now it won't start up. It gets all the way to the
end of the blue progress bar at the "Starting Mac OS X" screen and
hangs. I've run Disk Warrior and Tech Tool and both found some volume
directory stuff to repair ... but it still hangs at the same place.

Any suggestions, or am I reduced to reinstalling the system (and all
it's updates)?

Dan