On Apr 20, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Bill Rising <bris...@mac.com> wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2010, at 14:15 , Harry Jacobson-Beyer wrote:
>
>> Hypothetically,
>>
>> What if someone gets a new laptop every year. What happens in the 6th
>> year- do they have to repurchase all those apps they bought?????
>
> No, you can unregister a piece of hardware for sharing, and register another
> machine.

About once a year you can also un-register all computers and start over.
Motherboard swaps are another reason to have to register another computer even
with everything else being the same. Unregistering a Mac/PC from another
computer cannot be done, so if your computer dies, you cannot unregister it. So
the occasional option of clearing your registrations is your only option.

We have all five regs taken up on our account and sync 7 or 8 (lost count)
iPhones and iPods with it. iTunes saves all the individual sync settings for
all the devices.

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
FileMaker 9 & 10 Certified Developer

Fletcher Data Consulting
jonat...@fletcherdata.com
http://www.fletcherdata.com
502-509-7137

Kentuckiana's Only FileMaker Users Group:
Blog: http://kyfmp.com
Next meeting 5/20/2010 1:00 pm
FileMaker, Inc. will supply refreshments, door prizes and a demo of the new
FileMaker 11.
Info & RSVP: http://fmpug.com/scheduleMeetings.php