The photo's in iPhoto are all in one library, you could burn the entire library 
but if you are wanting to parse it out I know of no other way than to export 
the photo's individually (or an event) and then going back and deleting those 
same photo's from your library after they are exported.   You'll still have the 
photo's to import again should you wish.  

John


On Jul 22, 2010, at 7:36 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer wrote:

> Why don't you burn the photos to a dvd?
> 
> Thursday, July 22, 20105:56 PMBill [email protected]
> 
>> Well group, that subject line tells my problem.  I need to remove -  
>> but not delete forever - pictures from  my MacBook Pro, in order to  
>> free up some space.
>> Many of the discussions I've found talk about moving my iPhoto library  
>> to a new spot on the external hd and telling the MBP where to find  
>> iPhoto when it starts up again.
>> I don't think I want that.
>> Can't I just move a thousand iPhoto pics to another drive, use the  
>> free space for movie importing, editing, etc., and maybe later, move  
>> same pics back?
>> 
>> Maybe if I had one of those portable external hard drives, I would  
>> feel better about moving the iPhoto library permanently, but for now,  
>> all I have are these desktop externals that I wouldn't want to travel  
>> with.
>> 
>> Any suggestions?
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> Bill Micou
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> MacGroup mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
> 




_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to