Dear Ones,
I have a refurbished, no-longer-supported "new" Centro from Palm, which I got when the old one died. I've never been able to get it to sync. I have gotten the non-Palm programs via UBS cable, but no Palm data at all. I made a major mistake when I returned the broken phone before having Verizon switch the numbers to the new phone for me, but actually, it's my whole Contacts DB, not just the phone numbers, that I want anyway. I don't remember that this was a big deal the last time it happened. (This is the third replacement, and my two years are up in October. The last one didn't sync either--that's why I returned it. But evidently *I* am the problem. It appears I'm configuring something wrongly, but I'm stumped. Any help would be welcome.
        The machine names are the same.
It's set for cable/cradle (on the Palm) and Palm Connect on Palm Desktop. I tried Bluetooth, but it also transferred only non-Palm content. Hot Sync is enabled. iSync is not enabled. Here's a thought: I'm using a new modem since the last time I changed over. So, I probably have a new "web address," meaning, the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx address that I had at the other house. If this is the problem, where can I find my new address on this computer? or would it make any difference?
        Tell me I don't have to go back to Day-Timers!
                Suzanne Blake