Nora,

Lee says you don't really need to worry about repairing permissions and I trust
him completely.  If you do maintenance by rebuilding the directory every so
often you might go ahead and do it then since it is also one of the things
DiskWarrior will do, otherwise it probably isn't necessary.   Do it at the same
time as part of your routine.

I haven't defragmented a drive for years, TechTools Pro allows you to do so but
everything seems to run fine by updating the directory.  Maybe it would help
but I have not taken the time, maybe someone else can better answer this.

John