My 160 Maxtor Hard Drive is still running at present.

What would be the best way to installing a new hard drive?

I ended up checking around last night online and several office places.

I had to pick up a throttle cable for a lawnboy and we was close to Outer Loop
and I stopped in at Best Buy. (I'll bet you thought I got a hard drive there?)
I did.

We did not have any rope or duct tape with us to control the 4 year old. :) We
took our Grandson in with us and he tried to get into most everything.

I walked past the tech counter looking for hard drives but there was modems and
routers.

I walked around the end cap and saw a clearance section which was about 4 feet
and it had a couple internal and external drives.

I saw an internal Seagate Barracuda 500 GB along with 16MB Cache for $64.99 it
was a larger hard drive than mine and also had 8 more meg of Cache,

I grab the drive and start heading up front and notice the regular location of
the hard drives. I glanced down to look at the 500 GB Hard Drives to see how
much I was saving? Lets see, oh they are originally $64.99, so luckily I saw
the clearance and was able to get it for $64.99 a savings of $0.00?

I grabbed a salesman (not that way) and he said he was sorry that it was put
there.

I asked to speak to a sales rep or manager when all along I meant a District
Manager.

The store manager ended up showing up and asked me what I wanted? Or what can I
do for you and after explaining the situation he offered me $20 off. I took it.

Then later we looked at TVs and ended up bringing home a new TV along with
another Entertainment Center and Sound System and Blu-Ray combined.

Any ideas on installing the drive?

Start out with a fresh system install and go from there?

Steve