It's been discussed many times here Anne (sorry this is late, been out of town
since last Thursday)  It's impossible to move from Snow Leopard to Mountain
Lion.  If you try you will completely mess up the operating system.

The best way is to move all the data file, pictures, video's, iTunes Library
but for applications move only those that are Mt. Lion compatible or download
the particular Mt. Lion version.

Going to the Time Capsule should be as simple as setting up the Extreme.  You
will have use Airport Utility to walk through the setup but that is easy as you
know, give it a password tell System Preferences to use the Time Capsule for
your Time Machine and it should be fine.  It will take a long time to back up a
bunch of data wirelessly so expect long delays getting your first complete
backup.

John