Hi all,

I'm having a vexing problem... I got a Netgear N300 wireless extender. It works
fine except for printing.

To make using the extender as seamless as possible, it has the same SSID as the
router in the basement. This way, all computers and phones will pick up on the
strongest available signal, and there is no need to manually pick a better
router.

All this works great, except that I have a wireless printer which is
(wirelessly) on the network for the basement router. So... if my laptop is
using the wireless extender, it thinks that the wirelessly-connected printer is
offline. The only cure I can find is for me to walk down to the basement, turn
off wifi, and turn it back on. Since the strong signal is now the router in the
basement, I can now magically see the printer.

This is more than a little annoying, because it is worse than having a printer
with a dangling USB cable which needs to be connected. I thought that since the
extender is meant to work as a bridge, everything should be OK. Instead, I
think I'm exposing my lack of knowledge about bridges.

Does anyone have a way to work around this?

Tips would be appreciated, though I don't have a tip jar.

Cheers,

Bill