I recently upgraded my wife’s Mac Book Pro to El Capitan. She uses Apple’s mail
program and I set up her bellsouth email account on her computer and on her
iPhone 5 as imap accounts.

When she first got the computer and began using it she created a “saved”
mailbox into which she puts mail she wants to keep (duh).

Sometime after I upgraded to El Capitan she noticed that the "saved” mail box
and another mailbox she created  were missing on her computer but those mail
boxes can be seen and accessed on her iPhone.

When I do a search for “saved” within the Mail program on the computer I can
see all the messages in the “saved” mail box but once I remove the search term
they disappear. Same for the second mailbox she created.

What gives and how can I make the mail box reappear in mail on the computer?

(BTW, after I upgraded to El Capitan on my computer I did not lose any mail
boxes I created).

Thanks.

Harry