I’ll share this but more than likely there won’t be another person in our Solar
System that finds this problem…but just in case.

Jonathan Fletcher has built a Filemaker program for me, a stand alone and not
on a server, which would solve this problem but for now it’s an individual file
on whatever machine I am on.

Each day when the market closes I download the data I need, import into
Filemaker and then back the file up to iCloud and Dropbox.

If I do this while at the office I can then retrieve the file on the Mac at
home, the Laptop wherever I go or the iPadPro…

Everything works as normal until it comes to the iPad, then the maze kicks in.

Forever I would go to Dropbox and download the new file to the iPad…but it was
not the updated file, it was from the previous day????  Why?  I worked and
worked with this and finally found a solution.

So if you ever have this problem in moving a file from Dropbox to and iPad here
is the solution I have found.

First I have to delete the file from Dropbox on whatever machine I am
working….AND YOU MUST then empty the trash…took me a long while to figure this
one out but emptying the trash is a MUST.

Second you need to delete the previous file from the iPad…maybe it would keep
both but I could never get consistency by keeping both.

Now that there is no file on the iPad and the one in Dropbox was a clean
download rather than replacing the old file I open the iPad and there is the
file listed in the Dropbox list of files….CAN'T download that one, for some
reason it’s still yesterday’s data.

I have to go into the Dropbox search box and type in the first three letters of
my file, and there it is..touch that file and it downloads…

Once downloaded hit the icon to decide what to do with the file, click on “Open
In” and choose Filemaker…once it starts to load the dialogue says there is
another file, (but there isn’t, it’s been deleted) do I want to keep both or
replace…Replace…

This works every time, I bet it’s taken me two weeks to figure all this out,
it’s amazing the steps so I thought I would let you all know…

John