1-28-16

I thought you might like to receive instructions on how to waste a half day of
your life….

I am upgrading to Sierra, the Office Suite I have is the 2011 version, so it’s
time to move to the updated version….

Simple….

Right….

I ordered on line, and in putting in my email address I left out an “i” in
Profile…BIG mistake.

At the end of the order I was to receive a Verification email that proved I
owned it.

It never came through.

I hit the “resend email” enough times it locked me out…

Now a call, talked to some foreign guy that was nice but I couldn’t understand
him nor he me…

Instead of correcting the email address, a simple solution, no, they had to
CANCEL the order and put through an entirely NEW order…all this took close to
an hour.

I received a new order number, the order number to cancel the first order and
the CASE number….

Now, everything was going to work, I DID receive the instruction sheet from the
Rep and all I had to do was hit “Install”…Right?

Verify Email window came up again, saying they were going to send me an email
with instructions to complete the install.

Do you really think it ever came in?

So today I tried again, same thing…

Off to the phone, first call I was on hold so long I hung up and called back…it
takes about 2.5 minutes of answering questions before you get to the elevator
music….

On hold the second time about 10 minutes and a foreign lady answered…I ask to
talk to an American….she gave me another number to call.

On hold this time about 7 minutes and Randy answered.  Had to go through the
entire story with him, he could see every bit of it, he send me a confirmation
code, which came through as it had with the foreign Rep yesterday…BUT their
automated system will NOT send the verification code OR it’s still using the
incorrect email address, which Randy says is impossible.

We both agreed to just cancel the order and forget it…

He wanted me to wait awhile and try again using a different email address….

As a final note, and this is amazing, with the new AppleWatch update, on the
phone call yesterday I got a “ping” that said  “BREATH”…then repeated it
“BREATH”….

What the heck, can it register my anxiety?

AND of all things, the ONLY other time this has happened was at the end of the
conversation this morning with all the Microsoft people…BREATH…

I ask, how hard is it to purchase software?  How much time should we devote to
such an activity?

Those poor Windows folks, how in the world do they stand it, no wonder IBM is
changing to Apple!!