Do the two g5s have firewire? you indicated that you were able to access one of
the g5s. if so, connect the two together via fire wire cable, start up  and put
the second one in target disk mode.

        https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201462

I think you will be able to erase it and reinstall the software from there.

good luck.