Lee,

The iPhone was within bluetooth range, (I do find that Apple to Apple products
seem to have a larger range than Apple to other devices) what I didn’t know was
the ability to carry on a conversation with just the Watch…I’ve use it for
dictation, for replying or creating a text but it was new to discover I didn’t
need any other devise to actually complete a phone conversation….it wouldn’t
work if you were in a noisy environment but in my office it was a breeze…I
didn't know if everyone knew so I wanted to spread the word….when all else
fails you can call 911 from just your watch if your in range of the phone….

John

.