> On Apr 9, 2018, at 4:32 PM, Peter McGrath <peter_gr...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> P.S.  I wouldn't even think of hoisting such words upon you if you would
> stick to topics concerning computers, Apple computers in particular.

Ah, and therein lies the problem with being a grammar nazi, Peter. While,
initially, it may seem like fun and makes you feel good about yourself, what it
really does it paint a big red target on your back. (Speaking from experience,
of course.)

hoist
verb [ with obj. ]
raise (something) by means of ropes and pulleys: high overhead great cranes
hoisted girders.
• raise or haul up: she hoisted her backpack onto her shoulder.

Perhaps you were thinking of “foist?”

foist
verb [ with obj. ] (foist someone/something on)
impose an unwelcome or unnecessary person or thing on: don't let anyone foist
inferior goods on you.
• (foist someone/something into) introduce someone or something surreptitiously
or unwarrantably into: he attempted to foist a new delegate into the conference.

Feel free to shoot back.

::-0

--
Jonathan Fletcher