On Oct 17, 2018, at 10:19 PM, John Robinson <profilecoven...@icloud.com
<mailto:profilecoven...@icloud.com>> wrote:

> From looking at his inventory it would appear he was still running a
> Blacksmith shop while society was traveling with the Jetson’s, therein lies
> the biggest hinderance.  There isn’t much call for horseshoes.

On the other hand, Apple has been making it very hard for independent repair
people to fix Apple devices. They’re doing this in several different ways.
First, the newer devices are not designed to be repaired. Second, they don’t
make parts easily available for third parties. Third, they don’t make the
technical details available for things like fingerprint sensors so third
parties can’t easily replace them or things around them. Fourth, they void
warranties at the drop of a hat after third-party repairs.

Over a dozen states are considering “right to repair” laws in order to mitigate
some of this. Apple has been lobbying against these bills all over the country.
I think fighting such laws is anti-consumer and environmentally egregious.

L^2

---
Lee Larson
leelar...@me.com <mailto:leelar...@me.com>

‌‌
‌Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours. —
‌Yogi Berra,

‌‌