> my recommendation would be to start with the Python linuxcnc module:
> http://www.machinekit.io/docs/common/python-interface/ - I am a bit fuzzy
> what grid-print actually provides (node = terra incognita)  and where the
> queuing function is

Thank's for the pointer, Michael. I just wrote ngc-submit.py that is
supposed to submit an ngc file to a running Machinekit instance:
https://gist.github.com/6faf5592e3dfe01d05af8a2763b7a891

I can confirm, that the file gets loaded inside the interpreter:
https://gist.github.com/koppi/6faf5592e3dfe01d05af8a2763b7a891#file-ngc-submit-py-L36
but inside MachinekitClient the newly loaded ngc file does not show
up. Quick Video of the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29rAY7wHuu4

– Does MachinekitClient receive an event, when a new ngc file gets
loaded by an external program?