Dear all,
Recently i am trying to use CRAMPS.ini(without cape just BBB) to drive step
motor.
My Motor model is:
    Moon's stepping motor
    Type 17HA6403-09N

    Driver is A4988

 P8-13 and P8-14 are used as stepdir and step.

First of all, I adjust the limit current to 0.43A according to motor data
sheet.
Then i set scale to -1600 in the configure file

    [AXIS_0]

>     #
>     # Step timing is 40 us steplen + 40 us stepspace
>     # That gives 80 us step period = 12.5 KHz step freq
>     #
>     # Bah, even software stepping can handle that, hm2 doesnt buy you much
> with
>     # such slow steppers.
>     #
>     # Scale is 200 steps/rev * 5 revs/inch = 1000 steps/inch
>     #
>     # This gives a maxvel of 12.5/1 = 12.5 ips
>     #
>

>     TYPE =              LINEAR
>     MAX_VELOCITY =       200.0
>     MAX_ACCELERATION =   3000.0
>     # Set Stepgen max 20% higher than the axis
>     STEPGEN_MAX_VEL =    240.0
>     STEPGEN_MAX_ACC =    3600.0
>
>     BACKLASH =           0.000
>

>     SCALE =  -1600
>

>     MIN_LIMIT =             -1.0
>     MAX_LIMIT =             220.0
>
>     FERROR =     1.0
>     MIN_FERROR = 0.25
>
>     HOME =                  0.000
>     HOME_OFFSET =           0.00
>     HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS =    YES
>     HOME_USE_INDEX =        NO
>     HOME_SEQUENCE =         0
>
>     # Set to zero if you don't have physical home/limit switches
>     # Set to the desired homing and latch velocity if you have switches
>     # See: https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit-docs
>     HOME_SEARCH_VEL =       0.0
>     HOME_LATCH_VEL =        0.0
>
>     # these are in nanoseconds
>     DIRSETUP   =              200
>     DIRHOLD    =              200
>     STEPLEN    =              1000
>     STEPSPACE  =              1000

As motor specification shows 0.9 deg per step, 400 step/rev * 4 rev/mm=1600
step/mm
 my target is 1600 steps per mm.
Then I tested G01X1.f40., it looks rotate 4 round.
If i tested G00X1.F40., Motor freezed and make noise. Speed too fast???
Or when i run a G program, sometimes it just freeze and make noise.

Then I tested NC program from nc_files such as butterfly.ngc, it will
accelerate then decelerate, when speed nearly goes to zero, motor start to
shaking, and make noise.

I have almost zero experience about tuning stepper motor, so may i know how
to configure stepper motor and make it work smooth with machinekit?

Thanks very much!

-chengxi