I am using the same call, hal_temp_bbb script that is in the most recent
build.  I just started a print and 30 min in, crashed.  I had tried putting
a passive filter on the thermistor wire but that did not help it either.
 Is it possible that there is some amount of oxidation occurring on the
analog pins after some use that may be causing this sort of problem ?  I
was thinking to try a different set of pins (e.g. Therm 2) and see if it
continues.