I wasn't actually suggesting to use the library, although I suppose that
would work too.

I (personally) was just trying to deconstruct the PRU ADC bits to generate
something like what Charles has created in hal_pru_generic/pru_generic.bin.
 We have a completely unused PRU currently, so I wouldn't even need to be
remotely efficient.  :)

This isn't the first time I've attempted to take this path as I *really*
liked the idea of moving this out of it's currently un-reliable home in
user-space.  Having something critical to safety like temperature
regulation taking a round trip through the operating system when it doesn't
have to just bothered me.

But just as in the past, my eyes soon glazed over while trying to follow
what is probably simple stuff to our many more experienced contributors.
 Perhaps given a month and a lot of trial and error I could come close.