Hello,

i added "pwmgen.make-pulses" and "pwmgen.update" and got no error.

i was trying to add pwm frequency to make my spindle quieter and also
adding pwmgen type 1 (PWM/PDM and Direction Pin) for testing but no matter
what i wrote, it always got me an error message.

i have a Beaglebone Black with the Cramps Board

*the two lines are:*

setp hpg.pwmgen.00.pwm-freq 20000
setp hpg.pwmgen.00.dir bb_gpio.p8.out-16

*so first the error message said:*

pin or parameter ´hpg.pwmgen.00.pwm-freq´ not found

*so i changed the name to:*

pwmgen.00.pwm-freq
and
pwmgen.0.pwm-freq
and
hpg.pwmgen.0.pwm-freq
and
hpg.pwmgen.00.pwm_freq
and
hpg.pwmgen.0.pwm_freq
and
pwmgen.00.pwm_freq
and
pwmgen.0.pwm_freq

*but every time it said "pin or parameter not found"*

*when i commented the first:*

#setp hpg.pwmgen.00.pwm-freq 20000
setp hpg.pwmgen.00.dir bb_gpio.p8.out-16

*i got the same error and changed the name to:*

pwmgen.0.dir bb_gpio.p8.out-16

*and now i got a different error message:*

 it said "pin ´pwmgen.0.dir´ is not writable" (what does that mean?)

i was searching on this site http://www.machinekit.io/docs/man/man9/pwmgen/
and on google but havent found a solution yet

Basically i want to add a pwm Frequency (20khz), Pwmgen Type 1 (for pwm and
direction Pin, that may solve my PID problem)