I have been using linuxcnc-dev 2.8 on a pc for some time with uspace and
rt-preempt and it is working fine. Im looking into changing this
configuration, in particular I’m  looking into using zeromq for linking
into the system with some custom gui's developed with Labview.

To see if I could use machinekit with all of its modern communications
abilities I cleaned out my mill control computer, installed a fresh copy of
Debian 8.7.1 and machinekit as a standalone dev configuration.

The Bridgeport clone milling machine I’m using for development work uses a
Mesa 7i80 card with a network address of 10.10.10.2. Under the original
configuration using linuxcnc all works just fine, but with machinekit there
appears to be no communications path to the Mesa 7i80 card. When my .hal
file attempts to read line 35, ‘addf hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.read   servo
thread’  it errors out. I assume that this is likely caused by not being
able to use the uspace option during the build process which makes me
suspect that I’m missing a configuration step to get that process going.
Anyone
have any info on how this needs to be done?

I'm also a little confused with difference between internet links to
machinekit and machinekit.io.