For anyone following along at home....

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 3:39:09 PM UTC+10, Hedge Hog wrote:

> Hi,
> Alex has an excellent 5-part series explaining the Machinetalk
> requirements, part 2 I refer to is here [1].
>
> The requirement at hand is described as:
>

> *Start-up sequence*
> *The middleware shall only use libraries, standards, and tools, that
> already have been widely adopted by the open source community and industry
> to keep long-term maintenance and support costs low.*

The original list of requirements is at [1].

According to [1] this is 5.2:
"The message transport should support any order of startup of producers and
consumers of messages."

The linuxCNC maillist discussion is at [2]

[1]: http://static.mah.priv.at/public/wip/html/wip/requirements.html
[2]:
http://emc-developers.narkive.com/MNnPnur8/rfc-requirements-for-linuxcnc-middleware

Hope that helps.

Best wishes.

However this is the same as the *Based on Widely Adopted Solutions*