On 5/25/2017 11:57 AM, Alexey Volkov wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it any ways to make the board to switch GPIO's low on the power up and the
> Linux boot before the Machinekit starts?
> What it is by default, High Impedance?

The I/O pins will be high impedance with a week pull-up resistor until
the FPGA is programmed.  You can program the FPGA with the boot-loader
if you can't wait for Linux to boot and load the bit-file via a
device-tree overlay, but you will still have several seconds before
the FPGA pins are active.

Your hardware should be designed such that the system defaults to a
safe state when the FPGA is not programmed.  The Mesa manuals all have
a section on this.  From the 5i25 manual:

<quote>
STARTUP I/O VOLTAGE

After power-up or system reset and before the the FPGA is configured,
the pull-up resistors will pull all I/O signals to a high level. If
the FPGA is used for motion control or controlling devices that could
present a hazard when enabled, external circuitry should be designed
so that this initial state results in a safe condition.
</quote>

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net