I'm working on this Machinekit-based weekend project, the "Goldibox" [1]. Kind of like a cross between a fridge and an incubator, you set minimum and maximum temperatures on its thermostat, and as the name implies, the Goldibox will keep its contents not too hot, not too cold, but just right.

The last major piece I'd like to do is improve the GUI, but I'll need some help. First, take a look at this mock-up of a fancy thermostat [2], which combines quite a few controls and gauges into one. If this isn't a very difficult thing to program using either QML or C++ code, I'd do it. Second, below the thermostat, I'd like to add a small version of the time-series graph (see [1]). This is generated on the Goldibox, and would need to be fetched by the remote GUI.

Other than that, it needs a PID control and a few cleanups before it's done, and then I'd like to show it off to the Machinekit and (Pocket)Beagle communities. It seems like the project could be interesting because it integrates the (brand-new) PocketBeagle, electronics, Machinekit and QtQuickVCP, and as such represents a demo of the complete chain from hardware to phone app. At the same time, it's still fairly simple, with complexity just a step above Alex's AND-Demo. Of course it's all open source, and I tried to make it easy for anyone to try out the simulator in Docker by running just a few commands (but expect a few minor hiccups ATM if you do).

I'd highly appreciate help with the GUI, and I welcome your comments about the project.

[1]: https://github.com/zultron/goldibox
[2]: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1ixn3tSA8_OyTdZ1lz5k4MWjTZ9rEFJM9or3oYW8NuUA/edit?usp=sharing

        John