On 4/5/2018 4:18 AM, Rick Mann wrote:
> Oops, sent to soon, and forgot the list.
>
> In addition to the responses below, I meant to add: I don't think what I'm
> seeing is overshoot by the PID loop, at least not entirely, because when I'm
> not jogging it, it only twiddles the direction output. The step output is
> steady without pulses. If it were hunting, I'd imagine it would be issuing
> steps as well as direction changes. Check out the other video:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQkF8TRVVpk

That is the PRU stepgen hunting around the set value.  You don't see
any actual step pulse outputs because the PRU is hunting in a very
small range which isn't large enough to generate a step pulse.

The fix is to either use a HAL PID component and run the PRU stepgen
in velocity mode or assign a non-zero value to the "minvel" (minimum
velocity) pin of the PRU stepgen HAL component.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net