On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 4:19:36 PM UTC-5, Bas de Bruijn wrote:

> What do you want to know? It's pretty hard to write something a la "Here's
> everything i know".
>
> Do you have a (Preferrably non CNC) project in mind?

A couple years ago I bought a scara bot just to play with.  No serious
plans, just a learning platform for things like ROS, FreeCAD robot
workbench and machinekit on a deeper level.
I can now control it like a CNC machine but that's not what I want.  Maybe
I want to do something silly like sort coins or pick out blue legos.

I understand conceptually how ROS works but ROS learning curve is a bitch
so getting from concept to actually controlling the robot is going to be a
process.  Now that I can control it in Machinekit like a CNC, how do I
start connecting it to ROS?  What's realistically possible with the current
state of machinekit?  My questions are probably newbie which is why I was
looking for blogs and examples to study.

Here's a link to my blog with a video I made a couple weeks ago:
 http://sliptonic.com/lenny-the-big-dumb-bot/

Sorry OP,  I didn't mean to hijack this thread.  Feel free to split it out
or I'll start a new thread.