Hello everyone! I was wondering if I could get a little
direction/validation on a build I'm considering.

First a little background on me. I run several CNC machines and 3D
printers. I've modified several of them. Years ago I built a HobbyCNC
machine with a kit. I've recently gotten into Linux (specifically fooling
around with, and using Raspberry Pis for small projects)

I'm looking to convert one of my small CNC machines to a different control
interface. I used a PocketNC for a few months that was running with
MachineKit and I really like it. Very stable, and I loved the non buffered,
real time control.

I've got a 3 axis machine that has a power supply, open loop steppers, and
limit switches, and working control in it. I want to remove that control in
favor of a Beaglebone Black, external screen, mouse, and keyboard.

Aside from the Beaglebone black, I'm considering using this
board: http://www.probotix.com/wiki/index.php/PBX-BB_rev5.2

It seems like a good choice because it works with LCD screens, MachineKit,
and has the IO that I need. I don't know what I don't know so if anyone has
any suggestions I'd be interested in hearing them!