Thanks Schooner! I'll try digging a little deeper to see if it makes sense
to go that route. For now, I think I've got it working using a combination
of custom M code commands to flip the hal pin on the kinematics module, and
remapped G codes bound to a python functions that are executed at read
ahead time. The G codes are what should be used in a G code program and the
python script executes the custom M code and an extra G0. To do so, it
implements the same kinematics math as the kinematics module. It may not be
ideal to have to duplicate that, but it seems to be working! Still more
testing to do...