Schooner & Robert:

I'm running this
image:
https://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#BBW.2FBBB_.28All_Revs.29_Machinekit

Please bear with me here, but if I understand this right the image I
downloaded and flashed (and have booted) has the 3.8 kernel. This kernel is
not compatible with the wifi chip drivers, I need a 4.1 or later kernel?
But what you're saying is that there's an experimental build that has a
later (4.1+) kernel but there's a CPU load issue? You say it might not with
with "rt requirements" I' assume you mean "real time requirements". So my
guess is that I run the risk of locking up my machine if I try that image?

That command that you list: CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL -> CONFIG_PREEMPT_RTB

What does it mean? I'm assuming it commands the OS to go from full real
time to something that's buffered, or "preemted?"

Thanks for all of the help, and I apologize for being a bit of a newbie at
this..