Hi Bas,

So what you are saying is yes machinekit will do what I need depending on
the hardware used to connect to the robot?

What I was planning on using was AC servos with absolute encoders to
replace the proprietary Yaskawa servos and encoders,

Can you recommend a control board that can interface with machinekit and
industrial AC servo motors?