I tried to dig into this topic by myself a little bit.

Does Machinekit use a constant acceleration motion planning or is a
(mathematically) differentiable velocity calculated?

I found
this:
https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/blob/b96c02cd230920ddc300dca207dbeb7e55ab1733/src/emc/motion/control.c#L1858
This seems to implemented since 2005 and is also in LinuxCNC. Am I looking
at the wrong files or is MK using the same code as LCNC here?

My question is, if Machinekit differs to LinuxCNC with respect to S-Curve /
acceleration motion planning?

Best regards
Dennis