The main reason why I’m not able to get it working out of the box is the Teknic
motor stops being in homing mode if the machine is jogged at all after the
enable pin is asserted. So I would like the enable pin to be a part of the
homing sequence itself, to avoid any issues arising from that.

I left out that I’ll need a homing sequence for a continuous rotary axis, as
well. The Teknic motors can also very accurately home to a specific angle when
enabled. We’ll have a 50:1 reducer on the motor, so it could feasibly home to
50 different locations without first moving to a limit switch. Because of that
the motor must be enabled twice during the sequence (the first in order to
command it until the limit switch is found, the second to accurately home to an
angle once found). I plan on starting with the linear axes to see if I can
learn anything helpful prior to starting on this more involved routine.

It seems that in order to avoid a custom build of MachineKit, that I need a way
to either trigger immediate homing or the ability to detect that a user
initiated immediate homing from within HAL. Any ideas?

John Allwine
Owner of Allwine Designs
https://www.allwinedesigns.com