Hi,
Mar 22, 2020, 03:09 by cameron.mcqu...@gmail.com:

> What is the status of Travis CI builds for machinekit-cnc? I would love to
> help get this going if needed. Let me know how I can help :)

The current status is that it is not working. And frankly have no idea if it
ever worked or was just left as a something from the original split into
separate repositories. I am currently trying to implement the CI/CD flow based
on Github Actions. (You can read about it here:
https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit-hal/issues/268 .) Main reason for this
is the higher limits for Open-Source project, it is simply in the Github
repository, so every fork will have it by default and Github will store the
artifacts for later download.

Of course, if somebody will implement Travis CI jobs, then that's good for
redundancy.

How I imagine it to work is following: The mk-cross-builder code was integrated
into Machinekit-HAL repository, so in given time some job will build from it
Debian images and store them in some repository (I am thinking about Github
Packages as it is directly connected to Github Git repository and it is on one
network with Github Actions workers). On this will be constructed the
Machinekit-HAL building and packaging.

Given that Machinekit-CNC needs for its build the Machinekit-HAL (some info can
be glanced from https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit-cnc/pull/93 ), I was
thinking that Machinekit-CNC will add another onion layer to the Machinekit-HAL
created builder images with its own build dependencies and from this get its
own builder (or builder which will be capable of building both Machinekit-HAL
and Machinekit-CNC).

So what needs to be done is to rework the Debian packaging in Machinekit-CNC
("debian" folder in root of the repository), build of the specific
Machinekit-CNC builder (so far it can just take the Machinekit-HAL builder
images from DockerHub) and the CI job.

If you have specific question, just ask. Here or on the Matrix chat.
Cern.